Tuesday, April 04, 2006

One more exciting Weekend

As weeks were going tremendously boring the only option I had was to visit and spend some good time with my sister’s family and friends in Pune.
This time I was lucky to left my office early on Friday to catch Deccan Queen and reached Pune at 8.30PM on Friday.

Saturday morning spent in TGIS (Thank God Its Saturday) style and then had sumptuous lunch (This seasons first AAMRAS). Then went to see TAXI NO 9211 with Anoop my college and hostel friend in engineering. Movie was OK type for someone like me visiting the multiplex after long time. More than a movie it was celebration of Anoop’s fellowship.

Then I headed towards COEP and spent some time at Boat Club with Vinayak and friends. Suddenly I got call from Reshma asking me if I could join their farewell party at Sinhagad on Saturday night. Actually we were planning for some night out trek since last week and this was good opportunity for us. Initially Vinayak and Ravi shown some hesitation but later on we decided to join the debating group at Sinhagad.

We left Pune at 8.30PM and reached at Sihagad around 10.15 PM, This two hour journey was really thrilling. The cool breezes became chilling once we crossed Khadakwasala Dam. The night view of Khadakwasala Dam and aerial view from top was really awesome. The tortuous paths and sliding roads were really challenging. Sometimes we feel like we are moving around same place and lost our path but finally reached on top safely.

The first thing we done after parking our vehicles was we ordered for tea as it was really cool at outside. Then we started climbing the rest of the fort to reach Tilak Bangala. When we reached the spot we were greeted with round of applause, which followed, by our introduction to new team members. Then we had our dinner, which was already ordered by group. The next 5-6 hours after dinner was real fun which comprises of round of Dumb C, punishment and grilling questions for the BE batch. This was followed by discussion on poems and poetry initiated by Vinayak. This session was proved soporific for the others and resulted into falling of wickets one by one. At 5.00 AM in morning me and Vinayak realized that we were only few who were remain awake. I decided to go out for morning walk but others didn’t supported this idea so had to wait till 6.00 AM. Then we all decided to go out to see Sun Rise and left towards the north edge of the fort. It was really great experience to view Sunrise from top of the fort.

Then the junta returned to canteen for tea and wished bid adieu to Vinayak and me. We left the fort at 8.30AM and somehow reached Pune at 10.00 AM. The rest of the day was invested in long sleep to compensate loss of sleep in previous night.

I wake up around 4.00 PM and got a call from Ravi asking about my plan in the evening. I said nothing on card and he asked me to join them for their visit to Vagheshwar Temple 5 KM from Pune on Nagar Road. I was ready as I heard that it is very nice place to visit.
There was a nice little garden and pond near the temple. The best thing was there were boats available in pond to roam around. It was pleasant evening time when we started peddling the boat. The sun is just above the horizon and its reflection can be seen inside the water. The scene was perfect for the good photography and I done my best to capture it in my camera.

Thanks to debating team and my SPANDAN friends who made this weekend really special.

View Snaps HERE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home