Thursday, December 15, 2005

FIVE POINT SOMEONE........Toooooooooooo Gooooooooooooooood !!

Last weekend I picked two books from the bookstore and one of them was Five Point Someone.
If you ask me how I fetched it the reason was simple........it cost 95 bucks only (Original copy.....pirated you should ask for Rs. 40 only) so I just thought it will be a good deal even if the book will not turn out as GREA. But believe me it's worth Rs 999 !!!
First I read it on the late Sunday night and the first 5 pages was enough for me to judge the worth of this book.
The way Chetan Bhagat wrote this book is just incredible. I just feel that I had one more DIL CHAHATA HAI experience.
Let me tell you about the story
This book is about the 3 guys who screwed their 4 years at IIT.A true (I hope its true at least) picture of the IIT portrayed in this book change my perception about these institutes (Not to hide I struggled for 2 years to get into it) and also made me to recall my college days.These guys realized that the IIT system is something that only makes you to forget each and every thing around and mug the books to keep you ahead in rat race of the grades.
These guys decided to beat the system by behaving the way they want to enjoy their life. They care less about their grades and became more careless in studies.
The result was they always finished with the grade around the 5 and proudly called themselves FIVE POINT SOMEONE. Up to this point their life was going OK but after that they crossed the limits by tiring to steal the exam paper from the HOD's cabin. But they got caught Red Handed in this operation and that resulted into the suspension for one term. This caused the biggest twist in their life and one of them could not bear the trauma of this and tried to suicide. This guy luckily survived and found himself bed ridden over next 3 months. During this low time their life one of their Prof stood by them and tried his best to allow them to perform the research work during this time. The guys pulled their socks and proved their ability through their work. The dean excused them and granted their term and finally happy ending on the story.
Full credit goes to the writer who wrote a book, which you can read like watching a movie. Reading a book after 12.30 Pm and that also after the day ' s hectic work is hardly one prefer but this book over last week made me to scarify my sleep and to stretch me further before I went to bed.
One more thing this is the book, which tell you how one can screw their normal life and hardly anything to pick from rather than to enjoy some funny experiences these guys had.
(One more thing you will get in bonus and that is Smartness to hook a girl….)
So if you are looking for some wisdom out of this it will not be right pick for you. But if you want a fun reading JUST GO AHEAD and pick it as early as you can.

The next one on the list is
1. The Monk who sold His Ferrari
2. World is Flat
3. Freedom is not free
4. Good to Great.

1 Comments:

At 9:37 AM, Blogger Maverick said...

try these too:

1. the kite runner
2. in search of excellence

 

Post a Comment

<< Home